Saturday, January 30, 2010

Waiting for Snow

Well they say this part of the country is going to get hit with snow today, expected to start anytime. Since my husband got home safely from overseas travel last night I really don't care if it snows. We have groceries in the house and no where we HAVE to go today so let it snow!!!

I quilted my Monet quilt on thursday and purchased fabric for the binding yesterday so hope to get the fabric washed and binding made for the quilt today.

What do you do when there are strips left from making a quilt? I was going to toss everything in a bag for making string quilts at some point. Then I decided that I really have enough stings to make lots of quilts so decided to take some time sewing together the extra pieces. I am making 4 patches out of the 2 inch strips and 9 patches out of the 1 1/2 strips. Not sure what I will make with them yet but think I am more likely to make blocks into something vs. strips. It will definitely help me clean off the sewing table and get ready for whatever my next project will be.

kathie

1 comment:

mkhquilts said...

I like to sew my leftover bindings together and use for scrappy quilts. The scrappy bindings are a fun finish for kid quilts. I have enjoyed watching your Monet come together. I can't wait to see a finished picture!
Mary H
http://www.mkhquilts.blogspot.com