Thursday, January 21, 2010

Kits


Most quilters have more projects running around in their head than they will ever make. Sometimes though when I finish a project I feel like sewing on something but don't know what, maybe don't feel like cutting something out or having to pull all sorts of fabric to get started.

I had such a good time the last couple of weeks cutting up the donated fabric and making it into kits for charity quilts that I decided to do the same thing for myself.

I had bought the most recent Quilt magazine at the store the other day. In it were three quilts I would like to make. I usually tuck the magazine away and the quilts get made months later or not at all. I decided while they were fresh on my mind I would pull red/white and blue fabrics and make up kits of two of the patterns.

I cut the fabric and also put a copy of the magazine page in the envelope with the fabric. Now when I finish the Monet top (made the last of the blocks last night) I will have something cut and ready to go.

I intend on making one of the kits for a donation quilt and the other for next falls craft shows. The best part of it is that if I for some reason decide I don't want to make that quilt after all I can take it to the guild or our next charity sew in and get a volunteer to make it up for a soldier quilt.

Kathie

No comments: