Saturday, January 23, 2010

Cutting Day

Yesterday was a charity cutting day. About a dozen of us met at a local church and cut yards and yards of fabric into kits to make quilts for a local family homeless shelter that had requested quilts.

We got several kits made up and several of the other ladies layered and basted three quilt tops that had already been made up.

A couple of weeks ago I had done all that cutting and making kits with the batik fabric that had been donated. Six kits were given out to guild members willing to make them up.

Yesterday I got the first of the tops back. It is a simple rail fence but with the wonderful batik fabrics it sure makes a great quilt. I was even provided backing fabric to complete it.

I have many hospice tops waiting to be quilted but this one is so pretty I am going to have to move it to the top of the list.

I will try and get a picture of it a little later.

kathie

No comments: