Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Time

With the limited time I had yesterday between errands and taking my daughter for physical therapy I managed to get a customer lap quilt quilted.

My knee was bothering me then so I wanted to sit down and do some mindless sewing. I needed to take a break from piecing on the monet quilt. I had already had some 2 1/2 strips cut so sat and made about 40 4-patch blocks. They are going to be alternated with a couple of blue/teal/gold florals of donation fabric and made into a charity quilt.

I quilt so many charity quilts for our guild that I never get the chance to piece one so will enjoy making this one.

I also purchased some fabric yesterday. At my one guild we are going to be making wounded soldier quilts for the next few months to be presented to the representative of the organization in May. These quilts are presented to the wounded when they come into Andrews Air Force Base. I already had several r/w/b and patriotic fabrics but wanted a few more so that I could make interesting scrap quilts. I took advantage of JoAnns 40% off fabric sale this week and purchased 6 one-yard pieces.

Well I am off to the doctor today to discuss results of my MRI and see if I might have to have knee surgery. I hope I don't have to have surgery but on the other hand I just want it to finally feel better.

kathie

2 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

Good luck with the dr's appt.

I know what you mean about having limited time to pieced donation quilts -- with all the tops I get for HeartStrings I have to manage my time so I can work on my own donation projects too...it's not always easy but I'm happiest when I'm spending about equal time quilting and piecing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Again Kathie,
Well I just posted questions in later blog, and this blog answered them for me!!! Sorry, I had not read down the blog list yet. LOL I am so glad you have such a great place to donate your quilts. These soldiers I'm sure are very blessed to receive them! Thank you for what you do for them!