Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Quilting Monday

I got a lot done yesterday. I quilted a customer lap quilt, did some straightening around the house, took my daughter to a doctors appointment and quilted this little charity quilt.

One of the ladies at my quilt guild was given a king sized rail fence quilt top. She had no idea what to do with it so handed it off to me for charity quilting. I "unstitched" it into 4 lap quilt sized sections.

This is the first section to be quilted. No borders were put on this one which will make it small enough for a nice sized nursing home quilt as they are looking for ones that people can put across their laps while sitting in wheel chairs.


I think one more I will do the same way and then the last two will have borders added to them to increase the size a bit and will then be destined for hospice.

Kathie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My MIL is in a nursing home in a wheel chair...these are nice for them. Hospice is a great place to donate also. My friend has worked at hospice for a long time, and sees those that help and donate time and things to them. Again, thanks for wat you do.