Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Oh My Gosh


I went to one of my guild meetings today and a one of the members donated a whole box of mostly batik fabric for charity quilts. The colors and fabrics are so pretty I am just having a great time looking at all of them.

The guild is going to use part of the fabric to make twin sized quilts for a local shelter that is requesting quilts. The rest of the fabric will be used for hospice quilts.

All sorts of ideas are going through my head. I am going to settle on 2 or 3 different ideas and hope that my other guild will use its next "sew in" day to cut and put together kits for members to take home and sew up.

Kathie

4 comments:

TheProjectBag said...

I'm drooling! Poor you, having to work with all those lovely colors ;o)

rcp said...

Lucky you! They are beautiful!

Pattilou said...

Oh, what beautiful batiks! Love those blues and purples! What beautiful quilts will come of such a great donation!

Helen in the UK said...

How wonderful to have all those pretty fabrics to play with. Good luck with your efforts to turn them into beautiful quilts :)