Thursday, January 28, 2010

Quick and Easy


I mentioned yesterday that I had another charity top that was just about done. This was quick and easy to do using just 4 1/2 strips. I got the idea from a quilt in the most recent QUILT magazine. I of course didn't follow the pattern as I almost never do but I did use their general idea.

This quilt will be put away on a shelf for now and will try and get a backing made before long. I will get it quilted and bound and it will be part of our guilds donation of wounded soldier quilts that will given in May.

I think this quilt would be a good way to use up some fabric where I don't have a whole lot of yardage. I could picture this with a floral focus fabric and several colors that go with it, or maybe even a bright kids print with some tone on tones.

Kathie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks great, Kathie! Someone somewhere is going to be so happy to have that lovely quilt. :) Dianne B. in England

Mary Johnson said...

I love strippie quilts -- I came up with my own version when I first got my longarm about 7 years so I could practice on a *real* quilt. I didn't like to waste my time quilting muslin. I liked it so much I still make them for donation and my son's baby due in May, he's going to get a strippie too!

http://www.maryquilts.com/quick-strippie/