Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Stash Report 1-24-10

Ok so it is only week #4 and I am already in the red!!! At least the purchases were for specific purposes and after all it WAS ON SALE!! (the magic words)

Used this week 5 yards
Used YTD 14 yards
Added this week 11 yards
Added YTD 16 3/4 yards
Net Used for 2010 - 2 3/4

The fabric I purchased was all red/white and blue fabrics to be used for soldier quilts and also additional white fabric to be used as background fabric for a couple of projects.

Even though I am currently in the red on fabric usage, I feel good that I didn't buy a bunch of additional fabrics with no plans in mind and since at least a couple of the resulting r/w/b quilts will be for charity I am glad to get the fabric all at 40% off.

Lets see how much of this I can use by next week.

Kathie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathie..I have a son in the Army, and it is nice to hear you will make some charity quilts for them. Are you donating them to a VA Hospital or what? Do you make lap quilts or full size? What style and what type of quilting? I have a couple of patriotic wall hangings I've wanted to make for my son. I will have to get on that. I'd hoped he'd put them in his home office. He use to be a General's aide and I always thought I'd make him a wall hanging. But I just never got to it. It's not too late to try though. :) I don't buy fabric, so I'd have to use what I have. Somehow it always works. Every heard of a green, brown, and pink flag!? LOL

Mary Johnson said...

Kathie, I also will buy fabric when it's on sale for use in all the donation quilts I do but I think it's time for me to stop buying for a while!

Lori in South Dakota said...

Ah, it's not a problem. I use stash busting to "buy responsibly" and rotate out my old fabric for new ones. So buying with a purpose in mind is a good thing! Its a goal!