Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday Stash Report

Ok, I thought I would jump in with all the people making sunday stash reports this year to try and make myself more aware of what I buy and use and try and make a big dent in my stash. I am not sure when people are going to report fabric as "used", if it is when they cut it, when the quilt top is finished or what?

I have decided for myself I am going to report it as used once the fabric is sewn into something (blocks, borders or whatever). I have cut up a lot of fabric this week but the actual "used" is much less.

1/3/10
Fabric Purchased This Week 1.5 yards
Fabric Used this week 2.0 yards

I also quilted my first charity quilt of the year yesterday. I cut out this little quilt a few months ago and my husband sewed it up for me. Someone in the guild had donated some puffy batting so I used that for this. It is way to thick so I just did a meander. I will use up the donated batting but only on small quilts and then I will split the batting in half so it isn't so thick. I hope someone will still enjoy this quilt even though it will probably stand up by itself!!!


Kathie

4 comments:

Dianne B. said...

That is a pretty quilt! I have some extra-puffy batting, too, but didn't know how to use it. Thanks for the idea about splitting it! :)

Vicky said...

A great quilt. Batting baffles me - I admit it. Good to use up what you have, though. I count mine when it's cut and committed to a quilt. Probably explains all my UFOs! :)

Lori in South Dakota said...

some little kid will lay on it and think "comfy bed". The puffy batting can be a challenge!

Lori said...

I like that quilt too. I was trying to teach my coworker how to quilt, she had the real fluffy batting and used 2 layers, thank goodness she tied the mammouth thing lol. Her folks live in Minn. they were toasty I heard.
Way to go with a finish.