Tuesday, January 26, 2010

On the Frame

This is what was on my frame yesterday, a customer kids lap quilt. Loved the bright fabrics in this one and the twisted setting she used for the blocks.


I had several people ask the source of the pattern for my Monet quilt. The pattern is called Monet's Wedding Ring and is by Judy Martin from her book entitled SCRAPS. A lot of piecing of little tiny pieces but worth it in the end. If I had been planning on doing a really large quilt out of this pattern I would have pieced it off and on over a period of months because you get kind of tired of it.

I also took a picture yesterday of the hospice top I completed. I mentioned a couple of weeks ago about how a box of batik fabric had been donated to make charity quilts and that I was busy cutting kits out of it. I decided to do up one of the kits myself and this is what I ended up with. Very bright and a little busy for me but I am sure someone will love it.





Kathie

2 comments:

Pattilou said...

Wow, you are working through lots of quilts.

Love your Monet quilt too!!

Mary Johnson said...

It is a little busy but will be perfect for a little one. I like how you used the 4 patch border at the top and bottom.