Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Gift Certificate

Last night at quilt guild I won a $25 gift certificate to the new quilt shop in town. We had a year long UFO challenge to see who could complete the most UFOs. I worked on many of them the beginning of last year and completed 11 of them (5 of them were table runners). I then got busy with customer quilts, charity quilting and craft show items and kind of forgot about the whole thing.

My friend Mary reminded me yesterday that we had to turn in our list of completions last night and I won first place!!!

Even though I am trying to bust stash this year I am definitely going to have to go take advantage of the gift certificate.

I did get one more quilt kit for hospice cut out yesterday. Here are some of them I have ready to go for our sew in on saturday.


In addition one of the ladies at our guild is trying to bust some major stash. She had yards of pre-quilted fabric so cut it into 4 quilts and bound them. Two of these will go with hospice donations and two to one of the local nursing homes.

I also received several customer quilts yesterday and inquiries about others so I guess I need to set some goals for the rest of the week.

1. Quilt 2 customer quilts
2. Make up 2 more quilt kits
3. Work on Monet quilt

Kathie

No comments: