Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday Stash Report - Week 3

The week started off with a purchase at the new quilt shop in town. We used to have to drive 35 to 45 minutes to a quilt shop and now have a small one just 15 minutes away. I HAVE to support a new small business right!!!

I won a gift certificate at quilt guild monday night so tuesday went and spent it plus a little more and came home with 4 1/2 yards of fabric. I started to think that this is only my third stash reporting and already I would have to report that I had bought more fabric than I used. I decided to get busy and cut up some no longer wanted fabric into 10 1/2 squares to use for backings for some of the hospice quilts. I think having to account for my purchases/usage is going to be a good thing.

Week 3 Stash Report

Used this week 9 Yards
Used YTD 15 yards
Added this week 4 1/4 yards
Added YTD 5 3/4 yards
Net used for 2010 9 1/4 yards

Our guild had a charity sew in at the local library yesterday. There was probably a dozen of us working on various projects. In addition to individual charity work several ladies assisted me by making backings for hospice quilts, taking 3 kits that I had made up home to make up tops and several people cut donated fabrics into squares to make more backings.

Fun, laughter, sewing and doing something for someone else, what more can you ask of a saturday.

Kathie

5 comments:

Tamera said...

Way to go!

Unknown said...

What a productive day you had with members of your Guild! I like the idea of thos 10.5 inch squares to be used as backing as I do not have large amounts of any one yardage in particular . . .

Amy said...

That does sound like fun!

Quiltsmiles said...

I believe you need to support the economy and new business ventures too. But you also are conscious of it and using it, good for you!

Lori in South Dakota said...

yes, gotta support the local shop! And the sew in sounded like a lot of fun. Wish I could have been there!