Yesterday turned out to be a day to work on charity quilts. I cut 3 kits out of some of the donated batik fabrics. One is a strippy quilt and the other two will be rail fence quilts. I am going to take them to a charity sew in we are having next weekend and see if I can get some interest in taking them and returning a finished top or better yet a finished quilt for hospice.
In addition I basted a quilt on my frame. This is the first time I have basted only a quilt. It was easy but took longer than I thought it would and was very boring to do. The quilt is lovely, I took a picture of one block only. This is going to be a fund raiser quilt for a local senior center that lets a sewing group I am part of meet in their facility at no charge. Each of the redwork blocks depicts a scene from Southern Maryland so hope they are able to sell lots of tickets to raise funds for their senior activities.