Monday, March 1, 2010

Design Wall Monday 3-1-2010


I purchased all these fabrics from JoAnns last week thinking I would make a large lap quilt out of them. Then this weekend we took delivery of a day bed for our guest room. Since we are not going to paint that room anytime soon and it has a stenciled border with lots of purples in it I figured this newly purchased fabric would make a great day bed quilt.

Since I love the warm wishes pattern and have made several for gifts or craft shows and have never kept one for the house I decided to use that pattern. I got a lot of the rail fence like blocks made yesterday and pinned the first few pieces to the design wall. I think this is going to make a pretty quilt. Of course now I need to run to JoAnns again today to get a little bit more of each fabric but hey, at least it is for a current project and it will be cut up as soon as it is washed.

Kathie

5 comments:

Denise :) said...

Oooh! I really like the purples! Very pretty...I like the layout, too. Have fun with it! :)

Diane said...

Looking lovely, will look forward to seeing it in the room. I find solice in the fact that I'm not alone in buying fabric for something, startingvand then have to run out and get a bit more of each fabric-- :)

Teaquilts said...

Pretty colors. I'd seed that design before but never knew the name. Thanks for sharing.

Brenda said...

yup, it's going to look great when done!!

Eileen said...

That looks really nice