Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Playing Hooky

I decided to play hooky today from customer quilts and get a few things done around the house. Before starting on my chores I decided to get another hospice quilt quilted. The string blocks for this quilt were made by several members of my guild at a sew in at the library months and months ago. A few months ago I got them made into the top and then today finally quilted. I pieced together some leftover binding pieces to make a scrappy binding so hope to get that on the quilt in the next couple of days.



Some people have asked if I do charity quilts in a specific order and the answer is no. Sometimes I pick the quilt at the top of the stack, other times what quilt can use the same color thread as currently on the frame. Sometimes the size plays into it. If I have just finished a large customer quilt I might feel like quilting up one of the smaller charity ones. Sometimes a specific quilt just speaks to me and I want to get it done quickly. When people donate tops to me for hospice they know that I might get it done next week or not until next year but that they will all get done eventually.

I have done well on my goals for this week. I have quilted two customer quilts, the hospice quilt and have fabric cut and ready to piece for a charity backing.

kathie

4 comments:

Eileen said...

Looks just great!!!

Celtic Heart said...

I love that quilt. Is it a pattern or did you come up with it yourself? What a great way to get rid of leftover fabs!

Margie said...

Great quilts Kathie.

Mary Johnson said...

I'm the same way Kathie, I don't do the donation quilts in the order they come in rather what works best for me. Sometimes it's thread color, or quilting design, or size. They all get done eventually.