Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Do You Love Your Stash?

One blog I read a lot had a posting a week or two ago with the title do you love your stash?

That got me straightening up my stash and looking to see how much of it I was truely in love with and how much of it just isn't my taste anymore. I found a lot of smaller pieces that are really not big enough for anything other than scrap quilts, found lots of fabric I used in 2 or 3 quilts and just tired of. I also found several fabrics that I have no clue why I would ever buy them.

I didn't get all my fabrics straightened up but out of the stacks I did I pulled another complete stack of fabrics that I don't want.

One of my goals right now is to cut up 2 or 3 of these fabric ever day until the stack goes away. I cut two of the fabrics into 10 1/2 back squares and another couple of smaller pieces into 2 1/2 strips yesterday. Hope I can continue this on a daily basis and get rid of the stack in the next week or two.

My goal for today is to finish loading a monster big quilt on the frame and start to get that quilted. I am not going to push myself on this quilt and will allow 2 to 3 days to get it done.

My knee is feeling some better and I don't want to spend to many hours at the frame without a nice long break or I will be feeling it again.

kathie

2 comments:

Eileen said...

That is a great idea.

Sister P said...

Beautiful work. I love the pics, I sew but have never tried quilting. I think that next on my long list of things I want to do. I found your blog by hitting "next blog" on blogger and was glad to find you. Take care and happy sewing. Glad to read your knee is better (chuckling).