Monday, March 15, 2010

Design Wall Monday - March 15, 2010

I am showing two shots of the design wall. This first one is after the last rows of my day bed quilt were put together. I have the binding cut for this quilt and backing squares ready to piece together when I get a chance. This is now folded and sitting on my shelf waiting to be quilted. I am hoping it won't be waiting to long.



Once that quilt was off the design wall I pulled out the red/white and blue blocks. I intended on just figuring out a layout and sewing them together later.

My daughter ended up having 3 other 15/16 year olds over so I ended up staying (hiding) downstairs for most of the afternoon/evening. Since there isn't a very comfortable place down there to just sit and watched TV I spent a good portion of the time sewing. I got all these blocks (don't know the name of the pattern) laid out and then sewn together. It is now just waiting for me to pick out some fabric for a border and get that on the quilt. This quilt will be part of a May deliver of quilts that will be going to wounded soldiers.



I did so well reaching all my goals last week that guess I will set some for this week.

1. Finish customer quilt currently on the frame
2. Quilt two more customer quilts (one baby sized, the other a long twin)
3. Get borders on r/w/b quilt
4. Work on sewing backing squares together for teal/purple day bed quilt

Kathie

8 comments:

Denise :) said...

Wow, Kathie! That second quilt is awesome! It was worth the evening in hiding. LOL!

Do you already know how you'll quilt the first one? I've loved watching its progress; the colors are wonderful!

Happy Monday! :)

Margie said...

Gosh Kathie the day bed quilt is awesome. Such great colors

Quilter Kathy said...

This is "Split Decision" and it looks fabulous! My friends and I made a scrappy version for a quilt auction coming up in May. Isn't it a fun block to sew?!?

Cathy said...

Those are both lovely quilts. The "Split Decision" quilt just jumps off the page, the colours are so vibrant. Great job.

Gari in AL said...

I am not usually a R/W/B fan but your "Split Decision" quilt is quite striking.

Gail said...

Split Decision is fantastic, good going!

Amy said...

Love the red, white and blue blocks in the Split Decision pattern. It really catches your attention.

Anonymous said...

They are both gorgeous, Kathie! Really nice work! :) Dianne B. in England