Thursday, March 4, 2010

Guilds

Do you belong to a quilt guild or a sewing bee? If you don't I encourage everyone to find a group to sew with.

I belong to two guild (one day time and one night) and a sewing bee. I rarely make the sewing bee as it is on thursday nights and there always seems to be something else going but when I do go I really enjoy myself.

My day time guild was yesterday. Last month we were cancelled due to snow so it was great to see two months of show and tell from everyone. The patterns, colors and ideas always inspire me. I think my quilting would get stale if I didn't have others to bounce ideas off of.

I finished the monster large quilt yesterday. This is a picture of just a small portion of the quilt.



I have also been slowly piecing blocks into rows for my daybed quilt. This is all the farther I have gotten but you can get the idea.



Kathie

1 comment:

Mary Johnson said...

Both quilts are very pretty, lots of teal and turquoise and purple going around these days!