Saturday, February 6, 2010

Winter Roses


So far so good on the storm. It is hard to tell how much snow we got because we still had some on the ground from the last storm. Last night my husband and I went out around 9 p.m. and dug out the driveway so we wouldn't have to do all that weight of snow today. We got several inches of additional snow over night so my guess would be that we might have between 10 to 12 inches of snow with more on the way.

Last night I finished my "Winter Roses" quilt. I figure since I was piecing it while watching the snow come down through the sliding door in the sewing room that it was an appropriate name.

I even got binding strips cut so the top is now ready to put away until I decide what to use for the backing. I will probably piece one using left overs from the top and any additional pinks or lavenders I have in my stash.

Kathie

5 comments:

Lori in South Dakota said...

perfect fabric for the pattern. that pattern is on my "list" of things to make!

Pattilou said...

Oh, this time of year those colors are so welcome! Nice job. What is that pattern--I like it.

Mary Johnson said...

It's a great choice for a winter day.

Eileen said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!! I love this pattern

Nikki said...

You have inspired me....

Nikki in Virginia