Friday, February 12, 2010

Another pieced backing


I went ahead and made a test block of the patriotic quilt I am going to be working on at a sew in at our local library tomorrow. I was this on an Austrailian blog and loved how it looked. I am making the blocks out of 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 rectangles and have all my 2 1/2 strips cut to take with me.

Yesterday I got the mini roses quilt top quilted up and ready for binding and then I finished piecing a backing for the Winter Roses quilt. I used up pieces of 4 different pink fabrics I had making these 10 1/2 squares. I love to use up stash that way and not have to buy yardage for backings but it does take a lot of extra time.

What I really need to do is spend a day straightening up all my fabrics and at the same time cut fabric into 10 1/2 squares that I don't love anymore or fabrics that have a minimal amount left and then I would always have a pile of squares ready to piece into backings.



kathie

3 comments:

TheProjectBag said...

Love, love, love all that beautiful pink!

Wren said...

Very pretty!

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Journey_Back_in_Time

Eileen said...

Love it and great idea on having a bunch of squares pre cut--maybe the next storm