Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February Charity Quilt

My quilt guild meeting for today got cancelled due to weather so I went ahead and finished quilting this quilt.


It is my first charity top quilting for February. Half blocks were donated to our guild philanthropy projects. I sewed the blocks together and made them into the top over a year ago. It has been sitting on my shelf since then waiting for a back and to be quilted.

I found some fabric in my stash that was green and pieced a backing and finally got this one quilted. After it is bound it will be added to the stack I am accumulating for hospice.

I am going to load the next customer quilt on the frame and then sit and work on my warm wishes quilt for part of the afternoon.

Kathie

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful quilt! You are inspiring me to get even more charity quilts finished!!

Eileen said...

That is beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

My grandmother, who is 97, has made quilts by hand since she was 13. I can't remember a time growing up that a pair of quilting horses were not set up somewhere in her house. She would set and watch T.V. while sewing her quilt pieces together and when she had the top done, she’d get it secured and stretched on the wooden slats between the quilting horses.
Over the years I think she has made just about every kind of quilt there is. My favorite quilt and the one she gave me, is a white quilt with beautiful strawberry's appliquéd all over it. She won a ribbon at the California State fair years ago with this quilt. Although I watched her and she patiently tried to teach me, I never learned to make the tiny perfect stitches that my grandma made.
She may not have been able to teach my two left thumbs to make tiny stitches, but she did teach me to make soap, which I am so grateful for.
Grandma doesn't make very many quilts now days, but her hands are still busy crocheting all kinds of things to give away.

Grandmas Lavender

simonepatch said...

Linda demais.Adorei os tons usados,pois ela ficou coloridade forma discreta.Parabens.Beijos

simone/poa