Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A couple of finishes

I have a couple of finishes to show. The first one was my Monet quilt that I worked on most of January. The binding was finally finished and a hanging sleeve sewn on the back to be ready for our local quilt show only to have the roof of the building cave in with the heavy weight of snow. Think I will leave the hanging sleeve on for a bit to see if they get the show rescheduled or not. My daughter suggested the dark red for the binding and I am glad I went with her suggestion.


The second quilt is the Winter Roses quilt that I made during our recent blizzard. I qot it quilted the other day and stitched down the binding over the last couple of evenings. It is nice to snuggle under a quilt while stitching the binding down on these cold winter nights.


Kathie

2 comments:

Sarah said...

LOVE how the Monet turned out - good luck in the quilt show!

Mary Johnson said...

The both look great. I love sitting with a quilt on my lap while I stitch the binding down.