Saturday, February 20, 2010

Milestone Week

This week was a major milestone week in our family. My daughter got her driver's permit. Though it has been many many years since I got my first driver's permit I remember the excitement and the wanting to drive everywhere immediately. I wish my mom was still around, I would tell her I appreciated her patience in teaching me to drive. We have been out twice so far. Daughter is doing fine, I am a nervous wreck!

I had several errands to run yesterday and when I got back home just didn't feel like getting the longarm going so I sat and put together some table runners. I had made the paper pieced blocks in the first picture a few days ago and finally added the borders.


Then I pulled some spring fabrics I purchased last year or the year before and started making a table runner. Went together quickly and since I didn't want to put the fabric back in my stash I went ahead and made 3 of these spring hydrangea runners.


Today will be household chore day and then hope to finish loading the next customer quilt and start quilting it. I am actually glad I waited an additional day to start it. I had ordered a new color of thread and it came yesterday and will be the perfect color for this quilt. It is a king tut thread (my favorite) and the color is Egyptian Princess which is a very pretty variegated purple.

Kathie

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Congrats on the driving permit. It is scarey but will also become a nice convenience. You will never have to worry about running to the store for something quick. She will be MORE than happy to do it for you.