Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday

Woke up to rain this morning but it is a wonderful day because today is my day time guild meeting. It is a great group of ladies and I always have a super time. Also when you work at home and by yourself it just feels so good to go out and socialize once in awhile.

I did get the quilt loaded and half quilted yesterday. I hope to get it finished this afternoon and will then take a picture of it. This was a simple quilt, just a large center panel with several borders but her choice of border colors really made it interesting.

I also machine stitched around the Christmas trees on two of my runners. Once I get a couple more stitched around I will put them on the frame between customer quilts as I need some binding hand work to do in the evenings.

I am enjoying all the extra space in the new house but it still doesn't feel like home yet. Think that is because we still don't have curtains up or very many pictures. I hung a few old family photos (black and white) up last night and that looks nice. Maybe I can get a few more up tonight. Curtains will have to wait until we do more painting, a slow process.

Kathie

No comments: