Well I am happy to report this week I made a little headway using up more fabric than I purchased (a 3 yard piece of a theme print for a Christmas present).
My current stats are:
Fabric used this week: 7.25 yards
Fabric used YTD: 165
Fabric Purchased this week: 3 yards
Fabric Purchased YTD: 106.25 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2010: 58.75 yards
I started another Christmas quilt this week using left over binding pieces and a few other 2 1/2 strips that I had laying around. Here are the first 4 blocks.
It is VERY busy since there are so many different fabrics in it. I think I would like to try this block in a more controlled scrappy at some point like maybe in blues and yellows.
I quilted two of my runners yesterday and then got a charity quilt on the frame. I tried quilting a new technique from the recently released Pajama Quilter Rethreaded DVD and workbook. I have not actually watched the DVD yet but was drawing one of the patterns from the workbook and thought I would give it a try since the charity quilt was so busy with probably 100 different fabrics in it. I think it was called ziggling or something like that.
It was really fun to do but my technique left a lot to be desired but since the quilt is so busy no one else should notice that but me. I will have to find another super busy quilt to try this on and maybe watch that portion of the DVD for pointers on spacing.