Saturday, August 14, 2010

Saturday Sew In

Most months our guild has a saturday sew in at the library the saturday after our guild meeting.

I have not been in a couple of months due to our move and various other committments but I am going to attend today, even if it is just for a little while. I won't bother to take my machine but will bring a couple of my Christmas Tree runners with me to work on bindings. Half the fun of the sew in is to visit so I can definitely work on bindings and talk at the same time (lol).

My friend Jane loaned me a new book of hers for a couple of days, one of the jelly roll books. I don't buy jelly rolls as they always seem to expensive for what you get but I always cut up my left over fabrics into 2 1/2 strips so those books are perfect. Loved all the great patterns in it and I already started making one. This is another Christmas quilt using up left over binding pieces. I have several blocks done and boy is it going to be busy with so many different fabrics but think I will like the end result. The name of the quilt in the book was Feed Sacks because that is what it was made up of but I will have to find a better name for mine. Do you ever wonder why people name quilts a certain way? Check out a blog I read about how she comes up with her quilt names, http://kwiltnkats.blogspot.com.

I will try to take a picture of it in process and post when I do my weekly stash report tomorrow.

Kathie

No comments: