Thursday, March 3, 2011

Play Day

Yesterday was my "play day." It was my monthly day time guild meeting which starts in the morning and goes until after lunch. We always have a great time, friends, good food and much show and tell.

Over the last few days in addition to quilting customer quilts and doing the usual errands and housework I spent a lot of time piecing. I find after 2 or 3 hours at the frame my thumb is really bothering me but I can piece for hours with no problem.

I had pieced the March block of the month for my other guild a few days ago. April's block was easy so I got out some 1930's strips and pieced two of the April block. I have a lot going on the next few weeks (a retreat and a fiber arts conference) so nice to get these done early.



I also received my new GO small tumbler die last week and spent time over the weekend cutting up strips left over from a quilt I made my daughter (two years ago) and a couple of addition FQs into the small tumblers. I am enjoying spending some time every afternoon working on this. It is nice to get all those strips off my shelf since there was no way to keep them folded neatly.

Another great thing about this is that a lady brought a few pieces of fabric to the guild yesterday that she didn't want anymore. I took one home thinking it might make a great backing but it is hot pink with lime, blue etc. polka dots on it and I think it will be a perfect border for this quilt.



Off to run some errands but will be spending the afternoon in the quilt room finishing up the latest customer quilt.

Kathie

2 comments:

kwiltnkats said...

Your tumbler quilt is looking really bright and the fabric you received sounds like it will work perfect. Nice to get milestones accomplished early as you've done wiht your April BOMs. That means more piecing!! Don't want to stress that thumb too much. Sandi

Suzanne Neuhaus said...

I really like the April Blocks you show with the 30's fabric. does that block have a name?

thanks,
Suzanne