Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Midweek Update (Hospice Quilts)

I wanted to share pictures of some of the recent donations of hospice quilts.



This first Chinese Coins quilt was made and bound by Elsie and quilted by Lee. In fact she made two quilts exactly alike but no need to take two pictures.


This next quilt was made by Eileen. She is our philanthropy chairperson and the most prolific charity quilter in the guild.


This last star quilt was made by Jean and quilted on her new to her longarm.

Thanks ladies they are all terrific.

I plan on taking a huge bag of 10 quilts to hospice house today. I probably have just as many more (some still need labels sewn on) but since I don't have any help to carry them figured will just take the one bag today. I have found that it is very handy to hold a few back anyway as I have been getting calls for specific needs.

Today I have a cute blue and yellow customer quilt on the frame to quilt. I have a blue and yellow variegated thread I have not used in awhile and think that will be perfect for this quilt.

I did do some cutting/kitting yesterday so think I have enough projects lined up for next weeks retreat. Now have to start working on getting my fabrics ready for two classes I am taking at a fiber arts retreat the following week.

Kathie

4 comments:

Needles, Fabric, Chisels, and Wood…Life is GOOD! said...

Saw the coin quilt and decided I should share. I have been experimenting. I made a kid friendly coin quilt as a QAYG. I liked it so much I made more and plan to do more. Great way to use up the short scraps and make fun donation quilts.

Helen in the UK said...

LOVE the second quilt - such a light and fresh feel to it :)

Suzanne said...

It is so encouraging to see so many people using their sewing skills for such good causes!! We sew sundresses for girls in need!!

kwiltnkats said...

Nice work Elsie/Lee, Eileen, and Jean. Kathie I know that blue/yellow thread; sounds right for your client's quilt. Two retreats in two weeks--lucky you! Sandi