Thursday, April 15, 2010

Finished Top

I pieced these blocks at the retreat and they put the top together a little bit every evening after taking care of customer things.



I like the way it turned out. This is the Take 5 pattern. I think it might be a little bit of a boring pattern out of some fabrics but with all these brights I like the results. The border fabric reminds me Mardi Gras decorations so that is what I will call this quilt.

This is a picture of a little bit of the customer quilt I did yesterday. I mainly wanted to show this fabric, isn't it cute? She said she got it at Joanns. I don't remember seeing it there but I AM NOT going to go look, I have PLENTY of fabric and am trying to make a little better headway on my stash busting.


I was also going to post a picture of the patriotic quilt I quilted the other day for delivery to a wounded soldier project next month. A friend of mine stopped by and I sent it off with her to bind before I remembered I had not taken a picture of it after quilting. I will be sure and take one once it comes back.

Another busy day on my agenda (non-sewing related stuff) but hope to at least get the next quilt loaded on the frame and a backing pieced (only a couple of seams) for the other patriotic quilt I made.

kathie

1 comment:

Eileen said...

I love those monkeys.