Monday, April 5, 2010

Design Wall Monday - 4/5/2010


Well my design wall this monday is very boring. I cut out a fabric kit last week to make a "Take 5" quilt out of some recently purchased fabrics. I just tacked them on the wall to see what it is going to look like. I have never made the take 5 pattern before and look forward to sewing it up at a retreat this coming weekend.

I have not added to my blog in a few days (or done any sewing) because we were out of town at a family wedding outside of Boston this weekend. Thank goodness we missed all their rain and it was a beautiful weekend.

Since I was not home sunday for my stash report I will go ahead and post the stats here. I did add fabric this week. How can you go on a trip and NOT hit new quilt shops. I couldn't, with a google search and a GPS in the rental car we managed to find two quilt shops. One had the best selection of 1930's fabric I had seen. Other than that the seemed to have mostly fabric I can ony discribe as looking like what my mom had aprons made out of in the 1950's. Nice but not my taste.

The second shop was VERY small but the owner must have the same taste in fabric as I have because I had a very hard time getting my purchases down to a reasonable (both for cost and room in the suitcase) level. I picked up mostly pretty reds and greens I had not seen before which will make great additions to my Christmas craft show projects.

So the numbers this week are:

Fabric Used this week: 6.5 yards
Fabric Used YTD: 82.5 yards
Fabric Added: 9.5 yards
Fabric Added YTD: 59.25 yards
Net Used in 2010 23.25 yards


Kathie

3 comments:

Diane said...

I think that color palette is going to make a nice quilt, look forward to seeing the results in the future!

Denise :) said...

Oh no! Your greens and blues are anything but boring...beautiful! Have fun playing! :)

Margie said...

Now Kathie you know you can't just say "take 5" pattern and not tell me what it looks like lol. You bought reds and greens?? you know I LOVE reds and greens. Jealous I am. Your colors are great and the quilt will look wonderful I am sure.