Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Yesterday's Projects

I did lots of computer/book work yesterday so didn't spend to much time in the sewing room. I did get the second tumbler runner top complete. This one is strictly tumblers but after all the favorable comments on the runner with the solid fabric on the ends and holly fused on it think the remainder of my tumblers will be sewn into that type of runners.


I also pulled out this little charity strip quilt top I made a few weeks ago and didn't like. It was just to plain and the white/cream sections just looked to wide.


I got a new Accuquilt Die the other night called Fun Flowers so decided to put a few of those across the quilt. I think it helps a whole lot. I am going to add a few more but need to take a run to JoAnns to get some more wonder under first.


I decided to take a break from the tumblers for a couple of days so pulled out my next project. This one will be a quilt made out of red/white and blue split decision blocks. I made a charity donation quilt out of these last year and as usual way over cut the fabric and made some extra blocks so I will make another of the quilt either for donation or for fall craft shows. Will probably spend the next couple of days making those blocks and then see if my DH will help me trim them up.

Kathie

2 comments:

Karen S said...

The flowers really take it to a new level! Great idea!

kwiltnkats said...

The flowers look great. Sandi