Friday, September 17, 2010

Finally Friday

Seems like it has been a long week. My daughter has had lots of activities this week so Mom's taxi has been busy.

I don't have any pictures to share as the only thing I have been working on the last few days are customer quilts.

I am off to the Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza early tomorrow morning on a guild bus trip. I am really looking forward to seeing all the quilts and of course all the vendors. It has been over two years since I have been to a quilt show of any size so I am excited. I hope I don't "enhance" my stash by to much but I refuse to feel guilty about what I do buy since I get to shows so rarely.

10 Minute Cleaning Challenge

I am plugging along on the cleaning. Yesterday I was flitting from one spot to another picking up a couple of pins, scraps of fabric, putting rotary blades away etc.

I think this morning I am going to straighten my FQ drawer. It is hidden out of sight so won't make a difference in the look of the room. I am taking a panel with me to the quilt show tomorrow to try and find some FQs to go with it. If I organize the drawer today I can see what colors I really need to look for tomorrow.

I had a recent question about my Christmas Tree/Poinsettia table runners. No I don't have a pattern. I sew five 2 1/2 cream strips together and then cut a point at each end. I use my setting triangle for the cuts. I then add a 2 1/2 border, fuse on then stitch down appliques, quilt and decorate with crystals.

Kathie

1 comment:

Betty said...

Have a great time at the quilt show.