Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday Stash Report - May 2, 2010

I did pretty good with stash reduction this week. I used fabric on a backing, some sashing and some strips cut for table runners. The small amount of fabric I purchased is to be used making charity kits so that will cut up and out of here soon.

Fabric used this week: 7.25 yards
Fabric used YTD: 97.50
Fabric Added this week: 2 yards
Fabric Added YTD: 62.25
Net Fabric Used in 2010: 35.25 yards

I am so happy to see my total used near 100 yards, to bad the total purchased is over 60.

Been busy the last few days and not on the computer as much. My daughter has a birthday coming up tomorrow and seemed to think she need a whole "birthday weekend" full of activities. It was actually a 3 day weekend off of school for them so we have been playing parent taxi a lot.


I did get the mardi gras quilt quilted and off the frame, the binding finally finished on the latest hospice quilt and pieced blocks that will become two craft show table runners.

Today I need to get the next quilt loaded on the frame which is a scrappy quilt of a thousand seams..

Kathie

3 comments:

DeeDee said...

You are doing great using your stash. Thanks for giving me the idea to contact our local Hospice to see if they would like some quilts.

Vicki H. said...

I love the mardi gras quilt, my fav colors. I saw your charity quilt with a motif in the pieced block and stippling in the open block. Did you start and stop your long arm threads for each block? How do you end the threads? I need to check out reference you made. I am just starting out with my long arm quilting and I learn on every quilt!

Penny said...

I have stash used envy. You are doing so well. And the quilts you have quilted. So great.