Saturday, May 15, 2010

No Quilting

My husband has finally discovered one thing that makes me not interested in quilting for awhile, looking at new houses!!!

He has been talking about wanting to move out of the area when he retires in a couple of years, either back to New England where he was raised or possibly to the Norfolk area where he spent many years.

After a lot of thought and talking we pretty much decided to stay in this area and just look for a different house. We had been telling our daughter that she had to look at in state colleges because of the difference in tuitions and moving somewhere else would change all that.

The real estate lady we used when we purchased this house 13 years ago is out of town so we decided to do some drive bys of various neighboorhoods and houses we saw on the internet last night.

A couple we definitely would like to see the inside of when she gets back and a couple we were able to cross off our list for various reasons.

Needless to say my mind has been occupied with this the last couple of days and I have got zero done in the quilt room.

I am off to a cutting bee of some charity fabric this morning and then going to start doing some major "de-junking" of this house as a start to potentially moving. If I do enough of that this weekend come monday I will be back in the mood to get back to customer quilts.

I will have my stash report and an updated picture of my pinwheel quilt tomorrow.

kathie

No comments: