Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hospice Day

Yesterday Jane and I delivered all the hospice quilts (17 in total) that I had collected over the past few months. Neither one of us had been to Hospice House before so they gave us a tour. Their facility is wonderful, peaceful and very homelike. We saw two unoccupied rooms and both beds had lap quilts across the bottom of them.

Since I couldn’t find a craft show quilt that I had made backing for I loaded a hospice quilt on the frame and got that quilted up in the afternoon. This is a pretty one that Jane made mostly with donated fabrics.

I guess I need to pull fabrics one of these days soon and get a couple of backings made up so when I have time I can quilt up the next couple of craft show quilts.


I guess today I will load the next customer quilt and do some more de-junking. I was up and down the stairs and step ladder a whole lot yesterday getting things out of cabinets so my knee is protesting a bit. Think I need to not climb today.

Kathie

2 comments:

Eileen said...

That really turned out nice.

Mary Johnson said...

Kathie, that's so neat that you were able to see the Hospice facility. I know from my own experience with family that a quilt is a great comfort to those in Hospice.