Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Left Over Quilt


I have been working on a quickie baby quilt for my step-daughter to give a friend of hers. I got it quilted and the binding on yesterday so think I will wait to take a picture until it is totally done. I ended up having a bunch of left over 4-patch blocks and some of the bear fabric left. After playing with it on my design wall this is what I came up with. I will try and get these blocks sewn together over the next few days and then it will become a craft show quilt for fall.

Last night was our quilt guild meeting and what a great presentation. We had a lady from an organization that provides quilts and afghans to wounded soldiers that come into Andrews Air Force Base. They have provided over 10,000 quilts since 2003. It is nice that we have an organization close enough to us that we can provide quilts twice a year to them and no one will have to pay any postage. Twenty-three quilts were donated last night and I hope that she inspired some members that have never made a soldier quilt to make one for our fall delivery.

I am already doing well on my weekly goals listing. I got the baby quilt quilted and binding on it yesterday, just need to hand stitch it down and I also got the binding on the Mardi Gras quilt.

Today I need to get three customer quilts logged in and get a customer quilt on the frame and I also want to take pictures of the three hospice quilts that were turned in last night. Those will fill up the second huge bag of quilts I have so I guess I need to add “call hospice” to my agenda for the day and set up a time/day to deliver them.


Kathie

No comments: