Thursday, December 18, 2008

Stashbuster Christmas Quilt


Since I make so many Christmas table runners for fall/Christmas craft show I always end up with a box full of left over binding pieces and each year I make at least one Christmas scrap quilt in the hopes of using them up.

I have been slowly putting pieces together into blocks and finally got all the blocks sewn together. It ended up being about 52 by 72 which is a good sofa size quilt so I doubt I will even put borders on it.

Of course it didn't seem to even make a dent in the box of binding so guess this quilt will end up having a scrap binding also. Maybe once I get that made up I will be able to see a small dent in my pile anyway.

I am sure this will go on my shelf of tops done and waiting to be quilted but it will be nice to clean up all the extra pieces and get my sewing room a little more organized.

I have been doing so much quilting at the frame the last couple of months it was nice to spend an afternoon sitting and piecing.

Kathie

No comments: