Tuesday, December 16, 2008

2008 Resolutions Revisited

It is getting close to the time of year that people (myself included) start making new years resolutions. I thought that before I even consider doing that I should revisit the ones I made last year so I went back to one of my very first blogs.

#1 was to shop stash before going to the store and to try and make lots of scrap quilts. Well I did start shopping my stash more so that is a plus. I made a couple of scrap Christmas quilts out of left over binding pieces and one scrap top for Project Linus but guess that is about all the headway I made using up scraps.

#2 was to piece a lot of backings with 10 1/2 squares to use up some of those smaller pieces of fabric left from various projects. I did very well on this one as I probably pieced 3/4 of my backings this year.

#3 was to tackle my Projects in Grocery Sacks (PIGS) and either make up the project or return the fabric to my stash to use for other projects. I made up a couple of the projects and returned at least two more to stash so I would say I made good progress on this one. If nothing else it reminded me of a few projects I still want to do.

#4 was to de-junk the sewing room and the rest of the house. This of course is an on-going process but did get a little accomplished on it.

and #5 though I never wrote it down was to quilt 12 charity quilts during 2008, an average of 1 per month. To date I have quilted 14 quilts for various charities during 2008 so actually a little ahead on that one.

Since it looks like I actually worked on and made progress on each of my resolutions guess I will start thinking about next years.

How did you do with your 2008 resolutions?

Kathie

2 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

I don't really make resolutions but over the last few years I've tried to focus more on UFO's and using stash.

Lori in South Dakota said...

No real resolutions here except to finish 12 UFO's in a year and try to finish 2 UFO's before I start a new project. Well, I did the first, but the last I think I missed! But I worked hard at shopping my stash first. I'm happy. Next year I will finish 6 UFOs, and try to use another 100 yards of stash.