Saturday, December 27, 2008

Lets Go Fishing


I have been under the weather the last couple of days due to sinus problems and a severe sinus headache that just wouldn't go away. I didn't feel like doing much, including sewing but I did manage to sit on the sofa and work on the binding to my strippy fish quilt.

I made the quilt a couple of months ago during a sew-in and just got it quilted a few days ago. I uses a really pretty variegated teal thread on it in free hand swirls and I think it looks like water for the fish. The strippy quilt was made using the idea from Mary J's site www.maryquilts.com (hope that is the correct link), I made the smallest strip just a little bit bigger for mine. The quilt really isn't wavy, it is the way it is being held. I purchased the fish fabric at our annual quilt guild auction probably 3 or 4 years ago and finally found a good use for it.

I also worked some on the interlocking stars quilt today. The whole middle section is done and I have started on the inner border. I don't post a picture again until I have at least the top done.

Kathie

1 comment:

Mary Johnson said...

I hope you're feeling better Kathie, the strippie looks great!