Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Interlocking Stars

Finished the top for the interlocking stars quilt. This picture isn't very good with it being not real smooth on the design wall and the glare of the morning sun but you can get the idea. I am pleased with the way it turned out.

I think I am going to quilt it with a variegated tan thread but I have two other quilts in line to quilt first.



I am trying to finish up my New Years Resolution listing. I always have way more ideas than I know I will actually accomplish so trying to be realistic and pick a few things I can work on and have a good chance of accomplishing.

I guess one of them (quilt on New Years Day) is a given. I have been doing that since I started quilting. It just seems to me a great way to start the New Year. Since my daughter is having a couple of friends spend the night on New Years Eve I am sure my mini retreat will start then. I tend to hide away from the noisy teenagers in the sewing room. With fabric, sewing machines, longarm and a TV I can be occupied for hours. The only problem is that it is downstairs and can be chilly in the evenings this time of year. Guess I will have to pop upstairs every so often to get hot coffee or tea to keep me warm.

Kathie L.

No comments: