Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve


My Stepdaughter Angie asked that I make a sofa quilt for her to give to her mother-in-law for Valentines day. She requested tan, cream and a light olive to go in her MIL's living room. Now that is not a color combination I would have bought so it was a challenge to buy the fabric. Then to pick a pattern. Yes I know you should pick a pattern first and THEN buy the fabric but I am a little backwards at times.

Even though the last quilt top I made was the friendship star in a star the pattern I picked out for her quilt was also a friendship star variation. This one is interlocking stars, which is very easy, the hard part is keeping track of all the pieces.

Here is the start to my project and even though it is not my colors I think I am going to like the look of this.

I hope everyone will have a wonderful Christmas Eve, have warmth even in the cold weather hitting most of the country and to arrive at your destinations safely.


Kathie

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

I really like the look of that so far. Such an easy pattern with striking results. I look forward to seeing more of it.