Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Dwirling


I have had a couple of charity quilts waiting for me to quilt and I just have not had time to get to them the last couple of months. I pulled out a small one pieced by Julie from my guild, got the backing cut and managed to quilt this fairly quickly.

I think this bright lime fabric must glow in the dark!!! I had lime thread I used and did a version of Dawn's dwirling technique from her Pajama Quilter DVD, I just added lots more swirls. I have done 2 or 3 quilts with this method but I think I like the spacing of the lines and swirls on this one more than the others.

It usually takes me 2 or 3 times of doing a new quilting pattern to really like it. That is going to be one of my goals for 2009, to rewatch all my videos and practice new quilting techniques more.

Kathie

2 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love that quilt. The colors are great - and the quilting looks so good on it!!

Mary Johnson said...

It looks cute! The brightness will make a child happy I'm sure.

I've done more freehand this year and will continue to make that a focus in 2009 too. I bought videos from Patsy Thompson and have been watching/using some of her stuff.