Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Setting Goals

I set 3 tasks for myself to get done yesterday but it was still a surprise that I got them all done.

The first was to make these two blocks......


These are for a sewing group I am in. Everyone is making blocks and it will then be made into a quilt so that if a group member should get very sick we have a quilt in reserve. Recently a past member (I had not met her) was gravely ill and it was talked about making a quilt but she passed away before anything could be done.

My second task was to cut out fall pumpkins etc. using my Accuquilt GO for a friend of mine. I cut out as many as I could prior to my wonder under running out so that task is done until I get to Joann Fabrics.

My third task was to get this quilt at least on the frame. I am quilting this in return for some binding that was done for me. Since my daughter was at dance last night and my husband was gone I not only got it loaded but all quilted.


This was still only a lap quilt but the largest I have done since my surgery. I still don't feel like I can do any quilts larger than this at this point as I still do have some weakness and ache in my hand but I will see what the doctor says later this week.

Today I have been doing a little on a second horse quilt. I had some 9 patch blocks left and some pieces of two different horse fabrics and a fabric with rope on it so combining them all into a second simple quilt. Might as well get a second top done instead of putting all the fabrics back in my stash.

Kathie

2 comments:

kwiltnkats said...

http://www.joscountryjunction.com/ has information from Accu-Go about FREE 22 quilt patterns you can download. It is in her today's post 6/28 at the end of her post. She's one of my favorite blogs to read. Lots of great stuff from her. Got my JUNE UFO done last night, wow this one was tough! Sandi
Glad you got all 3 goals done yesterday. Like the quilting.

Betty said...

Good Job Kathie, you had a very progressive quilt day. Nice to work on blocks together, I know I sure did enjoy working on blocks with my DD.