Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Change of Pace

I loved the comment that I make runners like the energizer bunny!!!

I do usually three craft shows every fall so I make items for it year around. Usually I work on lap and baby quilts the first part of the year and then about June or July I go into high gear making runners. Think I just started the runners a little early this year but still need to make 2 or 3 baby quilts and a couple more christmas quilts before fall.

I am tired of runners and needed a change of pace even though my June UFO is another runner. I will get to that in a few days.

Yesterday I decided to pull out a stack of 15 baby FQs I had purchased in April at a fiber arts conference and start on a baby quilt. I cut 2 or 3 fabrics at a time off and on all day. I have to put my whole hand on the ruler vs. just my fingers like I used to do so it is taking some adjustment. I did get the first 4 blocks together last night.


These blocks sew up so quickly that I should have the top done in no time.

This flower is blooming in my front flower bed now. I don't know much about flowers but it looks like some sort of lilly to me. Does anyone know what it is?


Have a great day. We are enjoying a warm but not to terribly hot day today but sounds like the heat is going to roll in tomorrow so I better enjoy today and spend a little time out on the deck.

Kathie

No comments: