My numbers are a wash this week. I had to go to a quilt shop to purchase another yard of fabric for the former guild presidents quilt (not reporting here as it doesn't go in my stash) so I picked up two yards of a really pretty batik. I have fell in love with batiks and have none so decided to collect a piece now and then.
Fabric used this week: 2 yards
Fabric used YTD: 57.5 yards
Fabric purchased this week: 2 yards
Fabric purchased YTD: 44.5
Net fabric used in 2011: 13 yards
Due to hand/thumb problems the doc has had me not do any machine quilting the last few days. I have sewn but worked mainly on things that were already cut out and the yardage had already been counted.
I did get this small quilt top together out of parts left from the fish quilt I made and some squares of another fabric. Part of my trying to keep a tiny bit more organized is to not have all those extra pieces laying around.
As part of that organizing I was also gathering up strips of fabric from my shelves that were not very big. These will eventually be cut by my GO into tumblers, bricks etc. These might not be used up for months so I will have to wait and report their usages when it actually happens and will then just have to estimate the yardage. I have a couple of sew ins/retreats coming up and these packages of pre-cuts will be the perfect thing to work on.