Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mid Week Update February 23, 2011

Not much "me" sewing this week though I did get UFO #10 quilted, the binding sewn on and about 1/2 of it hand stitched down. A good accomplishment but nothing to use up any of my stash.

Yesterday I got a small customer baby quilt quilted and then put this little charity quilt on the frame made by Carol E. I love her use of pre-printed panels for charity quilt centers.


I don't know if you can see but I tried to quilt it to look like water and think it turned out ok. I used one of my favorite colors of thread on it, King Tut Autumn Day which is a variegated blend of a dark gold, medium green and a deep red. Very pretty. The best part of King Tut thread is that the color change is every inch.

I loaded the next quilt on the frame this morning but a good part of today is going to be getting a much needed hair cut and meeting a friend for lunch. Nice to take a break in the usual routine.

Kathie

3 comments:

kwiltnkats said...

You selected the stitch pattern well. Looks great! Sounds like fun this afternoon for you; always nice to get pampered a bit.

quiltncalcgal said...

I read your blog daily. love to hear what is going on back in good old SM County. I don't have your email address anymore, but found a great deal on the GO cutter dies that I thought you might be interested it.
Vicki Ramey

Betty said...

Carol's quilt looks great, it will make someone very happy. I really like the varigated thread. Happy stitching.