Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Midweek Update - February 2, 2011

I have spent most of the week so far working on customer quilts. I wanted to post a picture of this one that I finished quilting yesterday. With so many people wanting to cut back on their purchasing of fabric and use what they have I thought this would be a great idea. The lady that made this used all sorts of different fabrics but with the cream background and the sashing between it all works. I did notice that she doesn't have many light light blocks or really dark so maybe having everything a more medium tone helped make it all go together.


I think I will have to keep this in mind for a quick donation quilt. I have lots of bits and pieces left that I need to do something with. I think this will have to be my year of the scrap quilt!!!

I did get a little time yesterday afternoon to do some of my sewing so I finished sewing the rows of my Christmas Ribbons quilt together. I was going to put on a black border but didn't have enough fabric so will just stop (it is 60 x 60) and use my remaining black for the binding.





Off to my day time quilt guild in a few, looking forward to our speaker and trunk show.

Kathie

4 comments:

Needles, Fabric, Chisels, and Wood…Life is GOOD! said...

Your Christmas Ribbons quilt has kept my interest. So simple in construction but very dramatic. I have a stash of strips ready to play. Love what you share!

kwiltnkats said...

How about red for an outer border if you want it to be bigger. You've met Bonnie Hunter haven't you? LOL. All of her patterns aren't itty bitty pieces. Check out her website for all kinds of scrappy quilt patterns.

Betty said...

I like it, turned out realy nice.

Laurie said...

The ribbons are looking great....could make me want a 'cutter'