Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday Stash Report - July 18, 2010

Well I broke my many weeks in a row of not buying fabric this week and went to the local quilt shop with coupon in hand. I wanted to see if they had Christmas fabric in yet. They had a couple of really nice lines so I got several pieces of fabric and I don't feel bad about it at all. Since I do several craft shows every fall and that is where I get my sewing money from I need to buy pretty Christmas fabrics when I see them as I am using them up all year around.

At least I also used a fair amount of fabrics this week. I made up 4 blocks for next months block of the month at our guild meeting. The fabric theme is Summer Fun so figured the watermelon fabric and the lady bug fabrics both fit into this theme.


I also used up stash on borders for my Christmas lap quilt and squares of two different fabrics were cut and a backing started so all in all not a bad week.

Here are my stats:

Fabric Used this week: 5.5 yards
Fabric Used YTD: 143.25 yards
Fabric Purchased this week: 7 yards
Fabric Purchased YTD: 85.75 yards
Net Stash used in 2010: 57.5 yards

Last day of my daughters behind the wheel drivers ed today and have to run an errand later in the day but hope to have time to get the next quilt loaded on the frame and ready to go.

Kathie

3 comments:

Amy said...

Cute summer quilt blocks.

Vicki H. said...

those blocks are so cute!!! I am using up my Christmas fabrics for a sale too. I hope that I can sell all I have made. Sigh, I have never done this and I am already wondering if what I made is going to be interesting. How do you cope with that? Or is it just me?

Betty said...

Great job Kathie, now I have two blogs to check out.