Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Holly Backing


Thanks to everyone for the comments on my Christmas quilt yesterday, I do like how the setting looks with something so simple.

I had two pieces of pretty holly fabric but not enough of either one to make a backing for the quilt so this is what I ended up with. I was going to stager things a bit to make the seams not line up and make it a little more interesting but went with what was quick and easy instead.

I still have some squares of each fabric left so will put that in my 10 1/2 squares box (an unused pizza box) and they will find themselves in another scrap backing one day.

Freezer finally got fixed last night about 7:30 p.m. It is working, I will keep my fingers crossed that it will continue to do so because I would hate to have to call that guy back out.

I started loading a queen sized quilt on the frame yesterday. Had a lot of problems getting the backing on straight for some reason but seems to be ok now. I hope to at least finish loading it before I need to run off to a couple of banks to run errands. I need to change addresses with both banks and they want original signatures so I might as well run in and get it taken care of today.

Stay cool!!! (Will be about 95 today and HUMID)

Kathie

No comments: