Thursday, July 15, 2010

More Charity Quilts


Here are pictures of the other two hospice quilts that were turned in monday night. The blue/green batik quilt was made by Jane and quilted by myself. Love the turtle fabric in this (you can probably see them if you click on the picture) and it has a so soft flannel backing.



The next quilt is an Irish Chain quilt made by Mary M. and quilted by our philanthropy chair Eileen. A great combined effort.

I did spend a lot of yesterday in my quilt room. I got the full sized customer quilt off the frame, trimmed up and invoiced and the next quilt partially loaded. I also took the time to make the block of the month for next months guild meeting, in fact they were so fun I made 4 of them.

Then I switched and worked on craft show things. I got the rest of the Christmas 1/2square pieced into rows and a couple of the rows sewn together. Seems to be taking forever but I want to have the center of the quilt done this weekend anyway. I also had two fabrics set aside to make a backing for the quilt so I started cutting that into squares to make a checkboard backing.

So I didn't really get anything totally done yesterday but made a lot of progress.

This morning I need to run a few errands and then need to get working on the next quilt.

Kathie

No comments: